COVID-19 Update: Classes remain online to Feb. 28, parking fees refunded.Posted on: Jan 17, 2022
Concordia University of Edmonton will delay a return to in-person classes until sometime after Feb. 28, 2022, in response to the latest COVID-19 public health recommendations and the spread of the Omicron variant. The previously scheduled date for the return to in-person learning was Jan. 31, 2022.
While we regret extending the time we ask students and faculty to be away from campus, this decision is in the best interests of our school community.
We have good reason to be hopeful for a return to in-person learning at the end of next month. Until then, our students will continue to receive top-quality instruction and support from our faculty and sessional instructors
We’d also like to share that our administration will be refunding a portion of parking fees for the Expo parking lot. These refunds will be processed at the end of the semester taking into account all time where parking was not useful.
- Student orientation and services remain virtual.
- Our physical library will remain closed, although support will be offered virtually, and books may be picked up.
- Students are discouraged from studying on campus during January and February.
- All on-campus events for January and February are cancelled and moved online.
- The campus fitness room is closed for January and February.
- Decisions on athletics events and fine arts performances are ongoing; spectators will not be at these events.
- Residence will remain open.
- Food services remain limited.
Tim Loreman, President and Vice-Chancellor