Call for proposals for sessions at Faculty Development Day Aug 31Posted on: Jun 15, 2016
Faculty Development Day 2016 takes place at MacEwan on August 31st. We’re looking for a few excellent faculty-led sessions from both Concordia and MacEwan to complete the lineup for what promises to be our best Faculty Development Day in years.
The theme of this year’s Faculty Development Day is “Making a Difference” and we’ll be approaching this idea from many different angles. Whether your interest lies in making a difference in student learning through new approaches to teaching or making a difference in our local community through your work as a faculty member, we will have a broad array of sessions from which you can choose. This year, we will also be bringing in a much wider array of guest speakers from Canada and the US.
The day’s events will include over two dozen workshop sessions, a wine and cheese reception with live music from MacEwan faculty members, the unveiling of this year’s MacEwan Book of the Year, and a host of door prizes including tickets to an Edmonton Oilers game and free attendance at next year’s National Great Teachers Seminar in the Canadian Rockies (a $1500 value).
We welcome workshop and presentation proposals that will help us to (re)consider how we, as faculty members or as an institution, can make a difference.
- Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Creating transformative learning experiences for students
- Using research to make a difference in our community
- The university and the city – bringing them together in and out of the classroom
- Sustainability and the university
- How our graduates are making a difference in the community
- Practical tips that can make a difference in your teaching
- Supporting students in times of crisis
- Answering the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Peer-driven learning and instruction
- Using technology to make a difference in your teaching and research
- Open Educational Resources, Open Learning, and the university of the future
- The world as a classroom: finding ways to help your students (and you!) gain international experience
Please use the FD Day 2016 Session Proposal form to submit a description of the session(s) you'd like to offer. The deadline for proposals is Monday June 27th and you will hear back from our committee no later than Friday July 8th. Please feel free to contact me by email (email@example.com) if you have questions or any suggestions as to how to make Faculty Development Day 2016 our best one yet.