CONRAD ScholarshipPosted on: Sep 17, 2013
Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development (CONRAD) Scholarship
Purpose: The Canadian Oil Sands Network for Research and Development Scholarship recognizes the accomplishments of students in their final year of study at the undergraduate and graduate level and who are involved in projects that show commercial potential and/or relevance.
Value: Two scholarships of $5,000
Applicant must be:
- a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada,
- attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- enrolled full-time in their final year of study in a diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate level program,
- enrolled in a program of study relevant to oils sands technology development from mine or reservoir to tailings and remediation such as but not limited to Natural or Biological Sciences and Engineering, and
- achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point scale.
A selection committee comprised of representatives from former CONRAD Member companies will review transcripts and applications and determine which students have developed and are working on technologies, innovations or processes with the highest probability of being commercially deployed within a reasonable timeframe. The committee will also determine and rank the likelihod of comercial viability of the projects under evaluation.
Submit with your completed application the following:
- an official academic transcript,
- a one page summary of the project and its commercial potential and,
- a letter of support from at least one supervising professor or instructor, and if applicable, a supporting letter by a sponsoring company.
Click here to view and print the CONRAD Scholarship application form.
Application forms are also available from Alberta Scholarship Programs.
Disbursement: The award will be disbursed in January.
Audience: Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students