Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is committed to providing students with an exceptional learning experience while prioritizing the health, safety, and wellbeing of the community. We are looking forward to welcoming you to CUE, and are taking steps to ensure you feel safe and supported as your university journey begins.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our students are at the centre of everything we do at CUE. Your success and wellbeing are important to us, and we are here to help, support, and guide you during this transitional time.
- We are supporting our faculty and staff to deliver the same high-quality classes, programs, and services that our students have come to expect from CUE. We have an outstanding team that is committed to the success of our students, and that will not change.
- We are fortunate to have a diverse community of all backgrounds, passions, and experiences. It is imperative that all of our students—current and incoming, domestic and international—are able to learn, participate, and progress towards their goals safely.
- There will continue to be opportunities for you to make connections and get involved despite the distance between us. From special events and safe gatherings to clubs and virtual socials, we are finding ways to bring our community together while prioritizing health and safety.
- We are here to help. From registration to orientation to all things student life, we are available and ready to answer your questions, provide insight, and ensure your time at CUE is memorable and enjoyable.
- Until further notice, we are asking students and employees to refrain from coming to campus except for necessary reasons. Our library is currently closed until at least January 12, 2021, and other in-person services are not currently available. All services are available virtually. If you are attending any in-person classes, please connect with your instructors to confirm if classes will continue to be offered in-person or moved to a virtual environment. Events, meetings, and other social gatherings are not permitted on campus at this time.
- While we are offering a limited number of courses in-person, the majority of courses and programs are being offered virtually. Please reach out to one of our Registration Advisors if you have any questions about and make sure to review the New Student Registration Information.
- We have developed a set of protocols, which may change as circumstances dictate, that will act as a condition for on-campus attendance. It is important that all students, faculty, and staff are familiar with these protocols, as your presence on campus implies an understanding and acceptance of each condition. Please note that if you do not have appropriate CUE identification with you, or if you do not have a face mask, you will not be permitted on campus.
- We are introducing a new Student Coaching Cohort this year for incoming students. This initiative will pair groups of incoming students with trained Peer Coaches to help adapt to life at CUE.
- Your health and wellbeing are important to us. If you are struggling, please know you are not alone and we are here to help. Please reach out if you need support.
- If you are an international student, our International Office is here to help you navigate the complexity created by COVID-19. There have been a number of recent announcements and the situation continues to evolve—please contact email@example.com with any questions and to discuss options.
- To remain strong and sustainable, we cannot afford to reduce tuition and fees. We recognize COVID-19 has negatively impacted our community and will do our best to assist students who are experiencing financial challenges. For more information about tuition and fees during COVID-19, please click here.
- Our student residences will remain closed for the duration of the fall and winter semesters. However, our Housing Services team is available to help students find appropriate accommodations. Please visit our Off-Campus Housing website for more information.