Concordia’s Community Chorus Heads to GermanyPosted on: May 28, 2013
The touring ensemble from the Concordia Community Chorus is delighted to travel to Germany this June! The Concordia Chorus totals 125 singers – and this ensemble will be 23 singers from that larger Chorus. The Chorus was created in 1985, and has been an important choir among the Edmonton community choirs! This chorus is non-auditioned, and encourages participation at whatever experience the singer comes with. The chorus regularly sings three or four concerts a season, with both sacred and secular repertoire. This touring ensemble includes people from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, a variety of ages, a variety of musical experiences; what they share is the love of making music together, a deep faith, and a love of travel! We are certainly excited to learn and experience the country and culture of Germany, as well as discover the hymnwriters and sacred composers from Germany! We bring some of our Canadian composers into with this concert, as well!
- Wednesday, June 12 – Graefenhainichen (sponsored by the Paul-Gerhardt Society)
- Thursday, June 13 – 6pm Berliner Dom evening prayer; 8pm Marienfelde church (Berlin)
- Friday, June 14 – noon Nicholaikirche Prayer service (Leipzig)
- Saturday, June 15 – Wittenberg English Ministry
- Wednesday, June 19 – Niederfrohna
- Friday, June 21 – Prague (Bethlehem chapel)