SWAAC Student Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Application Deadline: October 16
The Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC) organization was founded in 1987 to provide a forum and a collective voice for women in senior administrative ranks in Canadian universities, colleges and technical institutes. SWAAC is offering one award of $4,000 to a woman university or college student who advances equity, diversity and inclusion within and/or outside their institution through outstanding dedication and excellence or community outreach and activism.
- Strong academic performance
- Evidence of leadership with respect to equity, diversity and inclusion, through such activities as:
- involvement in student organizations
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.
- involvement in advocacy groups
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
Concordia University of Edmonton is invited to submit one nominee to the regional competition. Concordia University of Edmonton holds an internal competition to determine its nominee. To participate in this internal competition, please review the information below and submit your application documents to the Financial Aid and Awards Office by the deadline.
How to Apply
How to Apply to CUE's Competition
• Former and current studies
• Areas of interest (both within and outside the university), ambitions
• Research, publications
• Awards held
• Community and/or volunteer work
4. Three (3) letters of reference. Referees must email their letter of reference directly to email@example.com. Letters must be signed and clearly state the name and contact information of the referee. References submitted to Concordia by the student will not be accepted.Note: No additional supporting documentation will be accepted. Documentation sent directly to SWAAC will not be considered.
Notification results: The Financial Aid and Awards office will notify the successful nominee of the results of the university competition in December. Decisions regarding the regional competition will be announced by SWAAC in 2024.