McNeil Centre for Applied Renewable Energy – Call for advisory committee nominationsPosted on: Feb 21, 2020
Do you know someone who would be interested in advancing our knowledge of renewable energy?
The idea of the McNeil Centre for Applied Renewable Energy (McNeil-C.A.R.E) was conceived at Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) in December 2019. Upon its launch, it will be housed in our BMO Centre for Innovation and Applied Research (BMO-CIAR).
The intention for this multi-disciplinary centre is to collaborate, communicate, and connect stakeholders in government, industry, and the community, in order to advance the adoption of renewable energy technologies across Canada, with a primary focus on Albertan communities.
The objectives of McNeil-C.A.R.E will be to:
- Provide Albertan communities (urban and rural) with information on best practices, resources for technical assistance, and stakeholder consultations for the adoption of renewable energy technologies.
- Organize and conduct renewable energy workshops – both educational and industry-oriented – to educate end-users, assist in the adoption of renewable-energy based technologies and connect industry with end-users.
- Develop programs (credit and non-credit) based on industry needs to train high quality personnel in the field of renewable energy.
- Assist with renewable energy planning in specific areas based on the needs of community and in consultation with stakeholders (government, private industry and community members).
Be part of an exciting new centre!
Call for Advisory Committee Nominations
McNeil-C.A.R.E is issuing a call for qualified candidates to serve on the Advisory Committee. We are seeking a total of :
- 10 industry/community leaders
- 4 CUE representatives (2 of which are members of the CIAR Executive Committee, 1 CUE community member and 1 CUE student).
These individuals will have a range of experience and skill sets to advise and assist with the centre’s strategic vision planning and implementation, establishing policies and objectives and representing McNeil-C.A.R.E within the Greater Edmonton community.
The Advisory Committee will include members who have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas with focus on the renewable energy sector:
- business development
- technology commercialization
- development of customized training opportunities
- community engagement
Deadlines and timelines
These volunteer positions will have an initial appointment of 1 year with the possibility of renewal.
Advisory Committee meetings will occur twice per year at CUE. The potential start date is April 1, 2020.
The deadline for nominations, including self-nominations, is March 15, 2020.
Please send a copy of the nominee’s CV and a letter of interest with explanation on how your expertise aligns with the objectives of McNeil-C.A.R.E to Isha Katyal, Manager, BMO-CIAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.