Deadline is on Sunday – Reduction in Teaching applications for 2021-2022Posted on: Nov 9, 2020
Please be advised that application forms for Reduction in Teaching for Research Purposes Awards for 2021-2022 are now available in Alfresco by clicking this link: Reduction in Teaching Award Application Forms
Eligible faculty members seeking a reduction in their teaching assignment for research purposes must submit an application outlining, in detail, the proposed research project to be undertaken.
Reductions in Teaching for Research Purposes are competitive awards adjudicated based on merit, from the recommendation of the Research & Faculty Development Committee.
Applications are currently being received for a period to begin in the following academic year (2021-2022).
The current Collective Agreement does allow for applications that extend over two or three years:
“8.9.7 Teaching assignment reductions extending over two or three years, subject to annual review, will also be considered.”
While multi-year applications may be reviewed, it is possible that, during the adjudication process and upon recommendation of the Research and Faculty Development Committee, an applicant may only be awarded a reduction for one year, or no reduction at all.
- Confirm your eligibility to apply for reduction in teaching assignment with your Department Chair or the Dean of the Faculty.
- Review the Faculty Collective Agreement and the Guidelines, which include the Guidelines and a Checklist.
- Complete the Application form. NEW for 2020: the application form is now a fillable PDF document that contains all sections of the application, and includes the Cover Page. Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have attached all the relevant documents.
- Sign the Application, and obtain the signature of your Faculty Dean.
- Submit the application form along with a single PDF attachment with all of the supporting documents, to the Research & Faculty Development Committee via email to email@example.com by November 15th.