Call for Grant Applications – The Internationalization at Home in Science Education (i@Home) initiativePosted on: Jan 25, 2019
The Ministry is pleased to announce the latest Call for Applications for the Internationalization at Home in Science Education (i@Home) initiative. The i@Home program will provide grants of $6,500 each to science professors and instructors at Campus Alberta institutions to develop and pilot new approaches to internationalizing Alberta classrooms, students, and science curriculum.
Applications for this round of funding must be received by the Ministry by Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
How to Apply:
· Applications for funding are to be prepared by the applying professor, instructor or program administrator.
· Applications are to be submitted to the designated institutional representative (DIR) of the applying institution by the required internal institutional deadline (prior to the Ministry’s deadline). See i@home application form for additional details.
· The DIR is responsible for ensuring the internal review of institutional application forms and ranking each submission against the program guidelines, the quality of the application, and the institution’s internationalization strategies.
· The DIR then submits all applications to the Ministry by 4:30pm on February 26, 2019.
· Selected projects will be asked to provide additional project details and timelines. Funding will be released pending receipt of additional details.
· Pilot new models and initiatives to internationalize science classrooms in Alberta
· Encourage intercultural learning between Alberta students and international peers
· Encourage collaboration in science between Campus Alberta institutions and international partners in priority countries
· Support the internationalization of Campus Alberta science faculties and students
· Institutions are encouraged to build on existing relationships in one of the eight priority countries.
· Funding supports program design and delivery, including travel costs associated with establishing the partnership.
Please contact Zuzana Ritzer, Manager International Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and forms.