Miss Edith Lechelt, hired in 1948, was one of Concordia’s first full-time female instructors until her retirement in 1953. During her time at the institution she, like many others, filled a variety of roles including instructing English, Sociology, Typing, and Physical Education. Edith also served as the assistant librarian, working within the bookstore, and as the co-ed counsellor. These images portray the inside of an early 1950’s classroom with Miss Edith Lechelt standing in the back of her English and Typewriting class, observing her students’ work.
by Natasha Eklund