13.4.2 Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance
A. Admission Requirements
Admission requirements are:
- Four-year Bachelor degree* from a recognized educational institution, preferably in business/management, management of information systems or computing science. Students entering the program require a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in the last 60 credits of undergraduate study;
*Note: Students with a three-year Bachelor degree may be admissible but may be required to take qualifying courses.
- A resume;
- A GPA of 3.0 in at least two courses in financial accounting (one introductory and one intermediate) and one course in management accounting or equivalent course work;
- A security clearance;
- Demonstrated fulfilment of Concordia University of Edmonton’s English Language Requirement.
B. Program Requirements
- 18 credits required, to include:
- ISAM512 (Financial Accounting and Analysis for Information Systems Auditors)
- ISAM521 (Information Systems Audit I)
- ISAM522 (Information Systems Audit II)
- ISAM542 (Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination)
- ISSM553 (Governance, Risk and Control)
- ISAM563 (Governance and Assurance Seminar and Case Study)
- achieve a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in the required courses.
- complete program within 6 years
C. Graduation Requirements
Students graduate on one of the three degree-conferral dates following successful completion of their program requirements as well as the general program requirements of The Faculty of Graduate Studies, section 13.1.4. For further information about graduation requirements, see Graduation Requirements, section 13.1.5.