10.4.1 Four-Year Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
A. General Academic Requirements
Candidates for Concordia University of Edmonton’s four-year Bachelor of Science programs:
- Must complete a total of 120 credits.
- Must complete at least 6 credits of courses offered by the Departments of Social Sciences or Psychology (CNST, ECO, HIS, INDG, POEC, PSCI, PSY, SOC).
- Must complete at least 6 credits of courses offered by the Departments of Literature and Languages, Religious Studies and Philosophy, or Fine Arts (ARAB, ARTH, CHIN, CLAS, CLIT, DRA, ENG, FR, GERM, GRK, HEBR, LAT, MUS, MUP, MUED264 (Handbells and Handchimes for Children and Youth), PHIL, REL, SPA, WRI).
- Must complete 36-60 credits in a major, or 36-72 credits in a principal area of concentration as noted in the specific majors.
- Must complete a minimum of 6 credits at the 400-level in the major.
- Must complete at least 18 credits in a minor, of which 6 credits must be at the senior-level; alternatively, a second major is permissible.
- May take no more than 48 credits of junior-level courses for credit toward a degree. However, 54 credits are permitted for Mathematics majors.
- The same course may not be counted toward both the major and minor requirements.
- Must take a minimum of 3 credits in 5 different disciplines.
- Must complete 60 of the 120 credits required to graduate at Concordia University of Edmonton. Moreover, at least 18 credits of the last 30 credits must be completed at Concordia University of Edmonton (Residency Requirement, section B).
- Must take a minimum of 102 credits in Arts and Science courses, of which a minimum of 66 credits must be Science.
- For continuation in the four-year program, must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 or higher and a GPA of 2.3 or higher in the major.
Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements to continue in the four-year BSc should consult with a Registration Advisor regarding the three-year BSc degree.
- For graduation, must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in the 120 credits applicable to the degree, and a minimum GPA of 2.3 in the courses in the major. For further information, see Graduation Requirements, section 9.7.1.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements for the four-year BSc should consult a Registration Advisor regarding the three-year BSc degree.
B. Residency Requirement
Candidates for Concordia University of Edmonton’s four-year Bachelor of Science degree must complete the specified credits at Concordia University of Edmonton (section A.10). Students who plan to take courses at other institutions must first follow the procedures for Visiting Student Permission, section 4.4.3.A.