Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) invites applications for a dynamic, creative, and organized Special Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will have strong event planning and project management experience that will be used in the coordination, planning and execution of new and existing internal events such as: Award Ceremonies, Open House, etc.
Reporting to the Vice-President Academic and Provost, this part-time position (20 hours/week) will work closely with all levels of Concordia in an effort to support our faculty, staff, and students.
A day in the life of the successful candidate includes:
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships that support collaboration, with a wide variety of stakeholders within the CUE community.
- Liaises with external and internal suppliers to ensure logistical details are coordinated for events.
- Prepares relevant event materials such as invitations and programs, nametags, place cards, seating plans, menu, music, flowers, decorations, signage, etc.
- Manages all aspects of an event RSVP process including: correspondence with attendees on the phone and via e-mail, generating guest lists, etc.
- Codes, tracks, and monitors expenditures according to budget.
- Prepares reports and financial summaries for Events and Special Projects.
Requirements of this role are:
- Minimum diploma in Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Event Management Certification is considered an asset.
- Must possess 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience in event planning, with a focus on understanding business requirements and delivering results.
- Must be flexible to work after hours and weekends when events occur.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), and creative thinking skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop positive relationships at all levels and the ability to exercise good judgement.
- Project management, prioritizing skills; problem solving and attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to work independently and stay organized to manage multiple projects and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and experience with Google.docs, is required.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
- Valid class 5 Drivers’ License.
Closing Date: Application review will commence August 8, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer, so Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.