Reporting to the VP International and Research, the Research Services Officer will work with the VP in all matters supporting research to ensure Concordia University of Edmonton’s (CUE) research grows in a structured and integrated way. CUE is focused on effective basic and applied research to benefit industry and the community.
- Source potential funding and research grant opportunities.
- Write, edit and critically analyze research and grant proposals.
- Coordinate research activities such as professional development for faculty and students.
- Monitor Tri-Council calls and deadlines, ensuring respective faculty and students meet the corresponding deadlines.
- Oversee research design and methodology for academic and customized research.
- Coordinate research projects, both in academic and industry settings.
- Manage budget resources effectively.
- Represent CUE’s research to build relationships with the industry, government and sister institutions.
- Develop and provide oversight of research communications (i.e. website, social media).
- Organize research events including logistics and marketing, liaising with a variety of University departments.
- Prepare financial and other reports (e.g. annual reports to funding agencies) as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience coordinating research projects.
- Experience writing research grant proposals including literature reviews, reports, research design, budgets and project plans.
- Ability to interpret research and grant opportunities, guidelines, procedures, etc. as it relates to the Tri-Council agencies.
- Advanced writing skills, with a specific nuance to research activities, including research and grant proposals.
- Experience working with stakeholders from a variety of sectors including government and private industry.
- Understanding of academic publication conventions.
- Effective interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to build strong working relationships across campus and externally with professional, business and academic audiences.
- Certificate in Research Administration would be considered a strong asset.
- Intermediate skill proficiency in MS Office
Closing Date: Application review will commence October 16, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer, so Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.