Concordia Students Association’s (CSA) mandate is to ensure Concordia University of Edmonton student voices are heard. As the official student voice on campus, The CSA works collaboratively with the university to improve the student experience. CSA executives sit on many committees and meet with Concordia administration regularly to ensure the student perspective is considered.
In promotion of the CSA’s mandate, the Office Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CSA. This is a standalone position where one must be able to work independently in a collaborative effort with the CSA student executives.
- 30% Bookkeeping
- Be responsible for the bookkeeping and financial coordination of the CSA including managing invoices and contractors, etc.
- Lead the CSA’s annual audit alongside the VP Finance.
- Work alongside an accountant to monitor and maintain financially sound bookkeeping practices.
- 30% Office Coordination and Administrative Tasks
- Oversee, prepare, and file all agendas and minutes for CSA Executive and General Council meetings.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of all CSA staff members.
- Ensure that CSA staff adhere to the CSA By-laws and policies.
- Identify and manage the required resources to achieve CSA goals.
- 20% CSA Executive Initiatives
- Develop programs and services that achieve CSA’s vision, while working within the policy guidelines set by the General Council;
- 10% Communications
- Maintain regular communication with students’ associations, and SA Office Coordinators and General Management.
- 10% Community Relations
- Build strong working relationships with new and existing public, private, and voluntary sector stakeholders.
- Diploma or Degree in accounting with 2-3 years book keeping experience would be required
- Minimum 2- 3 years of experience working with student advocacy or not-for profit organizations would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to modify duties when required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement within established guidelines.
- Effective interpersonal relations and public speaking skills.
- Clear writing and communication skills;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
Salary: $43,000 – $47,000 commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: Application review will commence June 29, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please email cover letter and resume stating CSA – Office Coordinator in the subject line, in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9214
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.