Find answers to some of CUE Library’s most frequently asked questions in the menu below.
If you are not seeing your question here – please contact CUE Library for help.
How Do You Get a Library Account?
If you are a new student, you won’t have a library account created until you’ve uploaded your photo to Online Services.
Once your student ID card is created, you will be able to:
- Borrow library materials
- Place holds
- Request interlibrary loans
- Register for a free L-Pass
What Can the Library Help You With?
- Understanding citations, bibliographies, as well as essay formatting
- Developing your research and information literacy skills
- Accessing and borrowing library resources
- Answering questions about library services
Can You do Research from Home?
- Yes. All CUE students, faculty and staff have access to CUE Library’s electronic resources (e.g. ebooks, online articles, streaming videos and music) anywhere you have an internet connection
- To access these online resources you will be prompted to login with your CUE email address and password
- Need help with off-campus authentication? Contact CUE’s IT Helpdesk
Where Can You Find Scholarly Articles?
- CUE Library Databases: To search within a particular database, first click on the database’s name (e.g. Academic Search Complete) and login with your CUE email and password.
Learn the basics of searching a library database by watching the above video.
- CUE Library Catalogue: After doing a search in our catalogue, limit your search results to articles using the boxes on the left-side of your screen.
What if CUE LIbrary Doesn’t Have What You Need?
1. Place a Hold:
You can place holds on physical items, like books, CDs DVDs, from other NEOS libraries and have them brought into CUE for you for free. Learn how to place a hold in our quick video tutorial below.
2. Request an Interlibrary Loan:
Digital copies of ebook chapters and articles from NEOS libraries can be requested through interlibrary loan. You can also request physical items from outside the NEOS library system can also be requested through our interlibrary loan service.
3. Register for an L-Pass: