Find answers to some of CUE Library’s most frequently asked questions.
If you are not seeing your question here, please contact CUE Library for help.
What can the library help you with?
- Understanding citations, bibliographies, as well as essay formatting
- Developing your research and information literacy skills
- Accessing and borrowing library resources
- Answering questions about library services
How do you get help from the library?
- In-person: drop by the Library Service Desk during our in-person hours
- Online Chat: https://concordia.ab.ca/library/help/ask-a-librarian/
- Text: 780 800 7330
- Call/Leave a Voicemail: 780 479 9338
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you do research from home?
- Yes. All CUE students, faculty and staff have access to CUE Library’s electronic resources (e.g. ebooks, online articles, streaming videos and music) anywhere you have an internet connection
- To access these online resources you will be asked to authenticate with your CUE email address and password
- Need help with off-campus authentication? Contact CUE’s IT Helpdesk
What if CUE Library doesn’t have what you need?
1. Place a Hold:
You can place holds on physical items, like books, CDs DVDs, from other NEOS libraries and have them brought into CUE for you for free. Learn how to place a hold in our quick video tutorial below.
2. Request an Interlibrary Loan:
Physical items from outside of NEOS can to be brought into CUE for you through interlibrary loan. You can also request copies of ebook chapters and articles from NEOS libraries through interlibrary loan.