COVID-19 CUE Library Service Updates
The following in-person services are now available:
- Library study space (limited capacity)
- In-person research & citation help
- Physical collection browsing
- In-person IT Helpdesk support
- Library computer & printer access
Maintaining the safety of CUE students, instructors and staff while providing excellent library services, collections and spaces is our highest priority at CUE Library. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
— LAST UPDATED July 6, 2021 —
Visiting the Library
If you are planning on visiting the library in-person, help keep everyone safe by following CUE’s Protocols for On-Campus Attendance.
- Do not come to campus if you are feeling ill
- Keep 2 metres apart from others
- Wash/sanitize your hands regularly
- Follow all directional signage
Our Safety Measures
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at all service points
- Co-browsing monitors are set up at all service points
- Floor markers are added to ensure distancing at service waiting areas
- Books and other library items are isolated before they are returned to our shelves
- Directional signage and barriers are set up to establish proper distancing
- Disinfectant spray, paper towel, and hand sanitizer are available at the Library Service Desk
- Study spots are physically distanced – our basement, 3rd floor, and bookable study rooms remain closed
To protect the health and safety of students, study space in the CUE Library building is limited.
- Our basement, 3rd floor, and bookable study rooms are closed at this time
- Study alone – no group work is permitted
- All library study spots have been physically distanced
- Securing a study spot is not guaranteed
- Please wipe down your study spot before using it – disinfectant spray and paper towels are provided
IT Helpdesk & Drop-In Computers
- Computers stations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis
- All computer stations have been physically distanced
- Securing a computer station is not guaranteed
- Please wipe down your computer station before using it – disinfectant spray and paper towels are provided
Virtual Library Services
CUE Library staff can help you to understand citations, develop your research skills, and answer any questions you may have about library services without the need for you to visit us in-person.
- Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: Closed
- Virtual library services are unavailable on all stat holidays.
Items from all NEOS libraries can be placed on hold (Including U of A Library locations as of June 1, 2021).
Please note: if you receive an error message saying “Place Hold Error: – The current location of this item is not holdable” the item you are requesting is likely from the U of A’s HathiTrust or other non-circulating/local loan only collection.
Picking Up Your Holds
Only CUE students, faculty and staff can pick up their holds from CUE’s campus. Visitors from other institutions will have to contact their home library to learn about holds services available to them.
CUE Students can now pick up their holds on the holds shelf located behind the Library Service Desk during our open building hours.
When picking up your holds please make sure to:
- Check that you’ve received an email informing you that your holds are available for pick up
- Bring your CUE ID card with you
- Follow all of CUE’s Protocols for On-Campus Attendance
Returning Library Items
Please return items in the library’s book return box. Access to our bookdrop is available:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday 8:30 am – 6 pm
You can only enter campus through the main doors of Hole Academic Centre. Any accumulated fines will be automatically removed once the items are checked in.
Reserves & Chargers
- The physical reserves collection will not be available
- Chargers, cables and other high use equipment borrowing will also not be available
Late Fees & Library Fines
CUE Library has suspended all late fees for CUE & NEOS library items until further notice.
For help with library fines, please fill out our online fines appeal form to explain your situation.