COVID-19 CUE Library Service Updates
Maintaining the safety of CUE students, instructors and staff while providing excellent library services, collections and spaces is our highest priority at CUE Library.
In compliance with current public health restrictions, CUE Library’s physical building closure and in-person service suspension will continue through Sunday, January 24, 2021.
The following in-person services will be suspended during this time:
- Library study space
- In-person research & citation help
- NEOS Holds
- Physical collection browsing
- In-person IT Helpdesk support
- Computer & printer access
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
— LAST UPDATED January 19, 2020 at 9:30 am —
LIBRARY BUILDING ACCESS & IN-PERSON SERVICES
It is expected that library building access and in-person services will be available again starting on January 25, 2021. This information is subject to change as we receive direction from provincial public health orders and CUE’s Administration.
If you need computer access, email IT Services: email@example.com
CUE LIBRARY HOLDS – PICK UP FROM HAC’S SECURITY DESK
When picking up your holds from the security desk at Hole Academic Centre, please ensure the following:
- You’ve received an email informing you that your holds are available for pick up
- You have your CUE ID card with you
- You follow all of CUE’s Protocols for On-Campus Attendance
Search for CUE library books and other materials in our online catalogue. Items from other NEOS libraries (UofA, MacEwan, NorQuest, etc.) are not yet available.
Library staff are here to answer your questions. Our chat, text messaging, and email service provide you with expert help without the need for you to come to the library in person.
- Chat: https://concordia.ab.ca/library/help/ask-a-librarian/
- Text messaging: 780 800 7330
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIBRARY STUDY SPACE
All library study space will be unavailable until January 25. However, during this time both Tegler and the Cafeteria will be open as study spaces for CUE students.
- CUE students, faculty, and staff can return items using our book return box, which is located just outside the library’s main doors
- To gain access to the book return box you must enter through the main doors of Hole Academic Centre first – bring your CUE ID with you.
- It may take 72+ hours for your library account to be updated as all returned items are quarantined for 72+ hours before they are checked in.
CUE Library has suspended all late fees for CUE & NEOS library items until further notice.
For help with library fees, please fill out our online fines appeal form to explain your situation.