From the International Office!
The International Office at Concordia University of Edmonton is a unit of fun, friendly people who want to make your experience at CUE and your stay in Canada memorable! We organize events, trips and sessions and always love when you stop by for a quick chat!
Some of the events hosted by the International Office are:
- Free pizza parties every month (veggie and cheese options available)
- Subsidized trips to Elk Island, Banff or Jasper
- Free sessions on immigration (study permit, work permit, permanent residence)
- Free filing of taxes
- Survey Lucky Draw – (prizes from $25 VISA gift cards, concert tickets and more)
- Free swag competitions on social media
- All through the semester, the International Office holds special events for international students so that you can meet new friends and enjoy your Canadian experience. These gatherings provide opportunities to connect personally with other students and administrators, to form a community, to share the experiences and cultures, and to inform international students of important developments.
We also have special lunch-hour sessions on topics of interest for international students. These sessions are designed to help you enhance your skill-set as a student, worker and as an immigrant living in Canada. The sessions cover topics like:
- Writing skills workshop
- Academic strategies for success in Canadian university life
- Resume and Cover Letter workshop
- Working in Canada as a student
- Navigating NEOS and the Library
- Dealing with homesickness and culture shock
And much more….!
Spaces are limited for the events and sessions so make sure you RSVP and show up early!
The events and sessions will be announced on Facebook (@ConcordiaInternational), via the monthly newsletter and on the notice board outside the Student Success Centre.
Make sure to mark the events in your calendar so that you don’t miss out!
OK, NOW LET’S START WORKING ON OUR CHECKLISTS!