Our Intensive English Summer Program is back for 2019!
The Intensive English Summer Program (IESP) is a five week intensive summer course designed for students with an intermediate level of English, to immerse themselves in language and cultural learning. Students will be challenged to take their acquisition of English to a practical level through classroom instruction, group-work activities, presentations, as well as real-life situations outside of the classroom through cultural activities. Social and academic topics will challenge students to think critically and respond freely in a fun learning environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Course will only run if sufficient enrolment is achieved, please wait for final confirmation. We advise students not go forward with flight and accommodation arrangements until they receive a final confirmation from International Office.
When: Monday June 24 – Friday July 26, 2019
Deadline to register: May 31, 2019
Where: Concordia University of Edmonton
Audience: International students or newcomers to Canada
How: Four (4) hours a day, five (5) days a week, five (5) weeks of classes. Cultural, sport, and tourism activities in the afternoons and on weekends. A total of 100 instructional hours. A certificate will be issued at the end of successful completion of course.
Instructor: Certified ESL instructor with a Master Degree in English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Instruction Cost: CAD$ 2,800.00
- International Student Medical Insurance Program: CAD$ 65.00
- Travel within Edmonton & Cultural Activities with Rocky Mountains Weekend Excursion: $350.00
- On-Campus Residence & Meals: $3,150.00
We have a selection of both free and cost-based activities to help you make the most of your time in Edmonton. Discover the city and surrounding areas and practice your English with the locals.
Read testimonials from Concordia International Alumni here.
- Go to Apply Alberta and create a profile (https://account.alberta.ca/signup). There will be a one-time $25 for this service. This fee is waived if you are CUE alumni or a current student with an active login.
- While registering on ApplyAlberta, select “Concordia University of Edmonton” and the select the “Extension and Culture” faculty.
- Upon submitting your registration through ApplyAlberta, your information will be sent to our University. We will process it and send you an email with login information for our Online Course Selector. Please allow up to 5 business days for this stage.
- Once you receive this email, log in to our Online Course Selector (OCS) via our website and register for the Extension and Culture program of your choice. The OCS link will be included in the email.
- Registrations are complete only once payment is made.
- You will need a credit card for this process. Please make sure to register by the deadline for your course.
- Some courses have add-on services. You will be directed to a form to choose add-on services (e.g. accommodation, excursions etc). Once you select your add-ons, this information will be sent to our University for processing and we will get in touch with you via email with further instructions. Please allow up to 5 business days for this stage.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.