Returning to study at Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) in 2020-21 is going to look and feel very different, but one thing that hasn’t changed is our dedication to your success and wellbeing. We are continuing to provide supports, programs, and services despite the physical distance between us, and look forward to welcoming you back to CUE.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our top priorities are the health and safety of our community, and being able to provide our students with an exceptional learning experience. While we are offering predominately virtual classes and programs, there will be opportunities to safely connect and collaborate with peers, faculty, staff, and the community.
- We are supporting our faculty and staff to deliver the same high-quality classes, programs, and services that our students have come to expect from CUE. We have an outstanding team that is committed to the success of our students, and that will not change.
- There will continue to be opportunities for you to make connections and get involved despite the distance between us. Please note that as of November 25, 2020, we are not permitting any in-person events, meetings, or social gatherings until further notice.
- Your mental health and wellbeing are important to us. Confidential, secure, virtual counselling is available, and appointments can be booked online. Additionally, we would encourage you to consider participating in the free online programs available through Campus Wellness and Athletics and Campus Recreation.
- We are here to help. From registration to career planning to all things student life, we are available and ready to answer your questions, provide insight, and ensure your time at CUE is memorable and enjoyable.
- Until further notice, we are asking students and employees to refrain from coming to campus except for necessary reasons. Our library is currently closed until at least January 12, 2021, and other in-person services are not currently available. All services are available virtually. If you are attending any in-person classes, please connect with your instructors to confirm if classes will continue to be offered in-person or moved to a virtual environment. Events, meetings, and other social gatherings are not permitted on campus at this time.
- While we are offering a limited number of courses in-person, the majority of courses and programs are being offered virtually. We are offering more in-person courses for the winter semester, and look forward to welcoming students and employees back to campus for events and activities once we are able to do so.
- We have developed a set of protocols, which may change as circumstances dictate, that will act as a condition for on-campus attendance. It is important that all students, faculty, and staff are familiar with these protocols, as your presence on campus implies an understanding and acceptance of each condition. Please note that if you do not have appropriate CUE identification with you, or if you do not have a face mask, you will not be permitted on campus.
- Our student residences will remain closed for the fall and winter semesters. However, our Housing Services team is available to help students find appropriate accommodations. Please visit our Off-Campus Housing website for more information.
- If you are an international student, our International Office is here to help you navigate the complexity created by COVID-19. There have been a number of recent announcements and the situation continues to evolve—please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to discuss options.
- To remain strong and sustainable, we cannot afford to reduce tuition and fees. For more information about tuition and fees during COVID-19, please click here.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had created a new normal and we recognize that many of our students are experiencing financial hardships related to the pandemic. In addition to the supports for students announced by the Government of Canada, we have launched a Student Relief Fund to support students and encourage any student looking for support to contact Financial Aid and Awards.