We are all responsible for the health and safety of our community.
As we work together to gradually and safely resume on-campus activities and events, we remain committed to following public health guidelines and recommendations to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
- We all have a role in play in preventing the further spread of COVID-19 and keeping our community safe and healthy. It is our collective responsibility to ensure we are up-to-date on, and following, the latest information and guidelines provided by public health officials.
- To support public health efforts, it is essential that we continue to evolve our policies and prioritize activities that can be carried out remotely. However, we will be resuming some in-person activities and events that can be carried out while adhering to public health guidelines.
- Our facilities are being managed differently to help prevent the further spread of COVID-19. Please review our protocols before returning to campus.
Recognizing the Symptoms of COVID-19
COVID-19 symptoms can be mild and are similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses. Common symptoms include: cough, fever over 38 degrees, shortness of breath, runny nose, and/or sore throat. However, there are other less common symptoms that could indicate the presence of COVID-19. More information, as well as a COVID-19 self-assessment to access testing, can be found online.
If you are experiencing symptoms, please contact Alberta Health Services (AHS) immediately. If you have been advised to self-isolate by AHS or if you share a household with someone who has been advised to self-isolate, you are expected to do likewise, unless advised otherwise by AHS.
Preventing COVID-19 AT CUE
We are committed to taking the actions necessary to protect the health of our community. Recognizing that keeping our campus safe is a community responsibility, your presence on campus at CUE implies acceptance of the following conditions.
- Screen for symptoms every day that you enter CUE using the AHS COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool.
- Leave campus immediately if you show any symptoms of COVID-19 infection, phone 811, and alert firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (for students) or your direct supervisor and firstname.lastname@example.org (for employees).
- Maintain two meters of physical distance from other people.
- Carry a face mask at all times, using it in all indoor public areas, and where you come within two metres of another person without a physical barrier in place (including hallways and common spaces). Any mask may be worn that is suitable for preventing the spread of droplets.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure.
- Wipe down areas you have used if disinfecting materials have been provided by CUE for that purpose.
- Only visit those areas necessary for you to complete your business on campus.
- Carry CUE identification at all times, producing it for Security staff if requested.
- Not bring any guests to campus.
- Encourage fellow students and/or colleagues to engage in safe forms of social interaction, and to respect the COVID-19 rules in place at CUE.
Failure to respect these protocols may result in you being asked to leave campus immediately, in addition to potential further disciplinary action. Please alert CUE Security staff to any instances of unsafe behaviour or circumstances by phoning +1 780.479.8761, or 5555 from any campus office or classroom.