About this Certificate
Whether you are asked to write for the workplace, or just exploring creative writing aspirations, having the ability to deliver clear, concise material will save endless rewrite hours. With the Writing and Editing for Business course, revisit the basics of grammar, different writing styles and how to organize your thoughts for more effective writing.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCOM 20008 – Grammar and Punctuation Essentials
- Brush up on basic writing skills. Review parts of speech, grammar and common grammatical mistakes. Explore sentence parts including words, phrases and clauses. Understand punctuation and common punctuation mistakes such as capitalization, abbreviations and numbers. Discuss commonly misused and misspelled words.
- XTBW 10013 – Effective Business Writing
- Develop and refine your writing skills to meet the challenges of a professional workplace environment. Learn how to write clear, concise and dynamic emails, letters and reports with competence and ease. Review common grammatical mistakes, style principles, document design, and editing basics.
- XCOM 20013 – Editing for Beginners
- This course will introduce the fundamentals of editing, including why editing matters and how editing skills can be developed and refined. You will be introduced to the different kinds of editing (proofreading, copy editing, style editing and structural editing) and the skills and standards common to all editors. Through presentations, readings, assignment and practice, participants will gain an appreciation for what it takes to succeed as an editor.
Program Hours: 50
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fees|
|XCOM 20008-002||30624||11 Mar 2021||12 Apr 2021||20 hrs||$359.00|
|XTBW 10013-002||90842||8 Mar 2021||12 Apr 2021||15 hrs||$429.00|
|XCOM 20013-002||30674||25 Jan 2021||1 Mar 2021||15 hrs||$429.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.