About this Certificate
Whether you are asked to write for the workplace, or just exploring creative writing aspirations, having the ability to deliver clear, concise material will save endless rewrite hours. With the Writing and Editing for Business course, revisit the basics of grammar, different writing styles and how to organize your thoughts for more effective writing.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCOM 20008 – Grammar and Punctuation Essentials
- Brush up on basic writing skills. Review parts of speech, grammar and common grammatical mistakes. Explore sentence parts including words, phrases and clauses. Understand punctuation and common punctuation mistakes such as capitalization, abbreviations and numbers. Discuss commonly misused and misspelled words.
- XTBW 10013 – Effective Business Writing
- Are your writing skills holding back your career because you struggle to express yourself clearly, concisely and efficiently? Review and apply the principles of effective writing and revising. Learn how to create powerful workplace documents including emails, letters and reports that achieve the results you want. Review the basic design principles and survey professional editing techniques.
- XCOM 20013 – Editing for Beginners
- This course will introduce the fundamentals of editing, including why editing matters and how editing skills can be developed and refined. You will be introduced to the different kinds of editing (proofreading, copy editing, style editing and structural editing) and the skills and standards common to all editors. Through presentations, readings, assignment and practice, participants will gain an appreciation for what it takes to succeed as an editor.
- XCOM 20002 – Editing Fundamentals
- Discover the fundamentals of professional editing and the skills and standards common to all editors. Learn why editing matters and how editing skills can be developed and refined. Be introduced to different kinds of editing (copy editing, style editing and structural editing).
** Please note: You only need to take either Editing for Beginners or Editing Fundamentals as ONE of the three courses in order to complete this certificate. You do not have to take both courses.
Program Hours: 50
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fees|
|XCOM 20008-002||90447||13 Sep 2021||25 Oct 2021||20 hrs||$359.00|
|XTBW 10013-002||90439||18 Oct 2021||22 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$429.00|
|XCOM 20013-002||90594||20 Sep 2021||25 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$429.00|
|XCOM 20002-002||90206||25 Oct 2021||29 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$429.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org