About this Certificate of Completion
Acquire essential management skills in four main areas of management with the Pillars of Management Certificate of Completion: communications, human resources, financial/operational and leadership.
The Pillars of Management program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XMGD 20004 – Effective Workplace Communication
- Strong communication skills are crucial for outstanding performance and career advancement. People are not born with effective communication skills; they must be learned. Discover practical techniques for improving communication skills, including communicating more clearly, active listening, non-verbal communication and electronic communication.
- XMGD 20020 – Human Resource Basics
- Gain a fundamental overview of human resources management. Acquire an appreciation and basic comprehension of legislation affecting employees, knowledge regarding the recruitment/selection process, training and development, and managing day-to-day performance.
- XMGD 20017 – Understanding Leadership
- Learn how to become an outstanding leader as you explore the concept of leadership and identify leadership functions and roles. Participate in hands-on activities that help you understand what effective leadership entails. Discover the difference between leadership and management and be able to apply theoretical concepts to your job the very next day.
- XMGD 20003 – Understanding and Using Financial Information
- Cut through the fog of accounting jargon, and contribute and manage finances more effectively. Discover how to interpret, evaluate and analyze financial statements. Using ratio analysis, assess the performance of a business from the balance sheet, income statement and other financial information.
Program Hours: 60
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fees|
|XMGD 20004-002||90371||27 Sept 2021||25 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMGD 20004-004||90372||15 Nov 2021||13 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMGD 20020-002||90370||18 Oct 2021||15 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMGD 20017-002||90369||8 Nov 2021||6 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMGD 20003-001||90373||20 Sept 2021||18 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org