About the Certificate
Gain a thorough understanding of the non-profit sector and board governance in Canada, and discover strategies for building successful partnerships and alliances. Learn from experienced non-profit professionals who work and teach in their fields of expertise and acquire relevant skills that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
Courses will focus on unique leadership skills for non-profit managers, financial management skills, people management in a volunteer environment, marketing, government relations, fundraising, and legal requirements and governance.
There are approximately 150,000 charities and non-profit organizations in Canada employing nearly a million people. These non-profit organizations have a significant impact on our communities and our economy, and those employed in the sector have a strong need for skills to meet its unique challenges.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XNPC 20008 – Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- XNPC 20009 – Keys to Managing Nonprofit Organizations I: Strategic Management
- XNPC 20012 – Program Planning and Evaluation for the Nonprofit Sector
- XNPC 20011 – Introduction to Voluntarism in the Nonprofit Sector
- XNPC 20010 – Board Governance in the Nonprofit Sector
- XNPC 20015 – Fund Development and Corporate Philanthropy
- XNPC 20013 – Ethical Issues in the Nonprofit Sector
- XNPC 20014 – Law for the Nonprofit Sector
Optional courses (choose 2):
- XNPC 20007 – Marketing and Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector
- XNPC 20016 – Keys to Managing Nonprofit Organizations II: Roles and Responsibilities
- XNPC 20018 – Financial Basics: Keeping it Simple for Nonprofit Managers
Program Hours: 150
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Fee|
Optional Courses (choose 2):
|Subject Code||Term Offering||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Fee|
|XNPC 20007||Not offered this term|
|XNPC 20016||Not offered this term|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.