About the Certificate
Medical Terminology is a specialized language specific to the health care field. These courses allow you to build a foundation of knowledge through examining topics such as word origins, abbreviations, body systems and disease. Graduates are prepared to comprehend and apply this specialized knowledge within various health-care sectors.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XMED 10004 – Medical Terminology I
- Investigate the origins and rationale for anatomical terms in this entry-level course. Explore the basic components and meaning of medical terms.
- XMED 10005 – Medical Terminology II
- Build on the knowledge gained in Medical Terminology I. Explore the terminology related to basic anatomy, body structures and tissues, and major systems and functions within the body.
- XMED 10006 – Medical Terminology III
- Continue to build on the knowledge of medical terms you acquired in Medical Terminology I and II. Focus on complex medical terms, common diseases, symptoms and treatments.
Program Hours: 65
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XMED 10004-003||30448||11 Jan 2021||12 Feb 2021||20 hrs||$305.00|
|XMED 10005-003||30449||22 Feb 2021||19 Mar 2021||20 hrs||$305.00|
|XMED 10006-003||30450||29 Mar 2021||30 Apr 2021||20 hrs||$355.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.