Medical terminology is a specialized language specific to the health-care field.
Build a strong vocabulary of medical terms with these medical terminology courses. Increase your communication skills as a health-care professional or prepare for additional education in the health sciences field. Through self-paced readings and quizzes, you learn word origins, abbreviations and symbols so you can understand complex medical language.
Understand and analyze terminology used to describe common diseases, symptoms and treatments in regards to human anatomy and body systems. Study how medical words are composed, and show your learning in exercises and quizzes. Learn and understand how to apply medical terms.
Build your understanding of medical terms as they relate to the human body, body structures, gross anatomy, skeletal systems and the reproductive system.
- Online delivery
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from experienced industry professionals
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- 3 required courses (65 hours)
- Can be completed in 4 months or up to 3 years
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XMED 10004 – Medical Terminology I
- Investigate the origins and rationale for anatomical terms in this entry-level course. You will explore the basic components and meaning of medical terms.
- XMED 10005 – Medical Terminology II *
- Expand your knowledge of medical terminology. You will explore the terminology related to basic anatomy, body structures and tissues and major systems and functions within the body.
- XMED 10006 – Medical Terminology III **
- Continue building your knowledge of medical terms. You will focus on complex medical terms, common diseases, symptoms and treatments.
* Pre-requisite: successful completion of XMED 10004 – Medical Terminology I
** Pre-requisite: successful completion of XMED 10005 – Medical Terminology II
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Delivery||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XMED 10004||Not offered this term|
|XMED 10005||Not offered this term|
|XMED 10006||Not offered this term|