About the Certificate
Gain practical, hands-on exposure to the latest marketing strategies, tactics and best practices, including word of mouth marketing, social media, content marketing and integrated marketing communications.
Developed and taught by industry experts, this program provides you with current, in-demand knowledge and skills to inform strategic marketing decisions.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCSP 10017 – Foundations of Social Media for Business
- Analyze the role of social media in business and explore the power of these tools to build relationships with your customers.
- XMKT 20006 – Marketing and Strategic Communications
- Be introduced to contemporary marketing and strategic communication fundamentals. Examine key principles and concepts, and understand emerging tools and trends. Investigate the evolving role of today’s marketing professional. Topics include marketing strategy, branding, customer experience, digital and social media, content marketing, and Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC).
- XMKT 20005 – Brand Strategy
- Developing and marketing a brand has become increasingly complex. Explore key strategies and steps for defining, building and managing a strong brand. Using case studies and practical real-world exercises examine characteristics of great brands, and learn to develop and execute a brand strategy.
- XMKT 20004 – Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
- Developing a strategic Integrated Marketing and Communication (IMC) plan is critical to building a brand, creating relationships, reaching target markets, and being able to measure and evaluate results. Understand the key components of Integrated Marketing Communications, including researching, planning, organizing, budgeting, managing and evaluating marketing communication plans.
- XMKT 20002 – Digital Marketing Research
- Explore various online research methods and tools for gathering and analyzing data to support marketing plans. Understand consumer needs, behaviour and trends, and learn to align research objectives with business goals. Practical learning techniques include keyword search, blogs, online surveys, customer profiling and database research.
- XMKT 20003 – Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM)
- Companies that garner positive word of mouth have a competitive advantage over those that don’t. Marketing strength lies with customers who choose to share engaging content with friends, family and even strangers. Through case studies, examine powerful brands and companies that have grown via word of mouth.
- XMKT 20001 – Content Marketing Strategy
- Promote brand awareness and build loyal communities by creating compelling content, sharing powerful stories and engaging in meaningful conversations. Develop a strategic content marketing strategy and create effective content for various channels, including print and web, blogs, online seminars and videos, infographics, and e-mail.
Program Hours: 102
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XCSP 10017-002||90410||20 Sep 2021||17 Oct 2021||12 hrs||$409.00|
|XMKT 20006-002||90417||20 Sep 2021||17 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMKT 20005-002||90416||12 Oct 2021||7 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMKT 20004-002||90414||1 Nov 2021||28 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
|XMKT 20002-002||Not offered this term|
|XMKT 20003-002||Not offered this term|
|XMKT 20001-002||90415||15 Nov 2021||12 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$439.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org