Curriculum development and instructional design involves using the ADDIE model to effectively design and analyze course curriculum.
Advance your skill set and develop practical and theoretical knowledge as an educator while learning to design and analyze course curriculum in your field of expertise.
Using the ADDIE — analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation — model, apply the principles of instructional design to create a customized project. Demonstrate your ability to write effective learning outcome statements, in addition to designing assessment and instructional strategies, integrate media, and evaluate and revise curriculum.
Through these online courses, you will enhance your knowledge of adult learning principles and learning styles, and how they relate to educational design. Expand your understanding of instructional strategies and design principles, outcome-based assessments, and processes for evaluation. In the final course, you will put your learning into practice by planning, creating, and assessing a pilot course with support from the instructor and your peers.
- Online delivery
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from experienced industry professionals
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- 6 required courses (90 hours)
- Can be completed in 1 year or up to 3 years
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCDA 10001 – Principles of Instructional Design
- Explore instructional design principles, characteristics of adult learners and their implications in designing an effective instructional program. You will apply information about learning styles to the design of instructional learning outcomes and write clear, concise performance outcomes in order to direct instructional design.
- XCDA 10002 – Designing Assessment Strategies *
- Discover how to design student assignments and investigate strategies to assess student performance. You will learn to link learning outcomes with assessment, while applying Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATS). You will create a rubric to assess project learning outcomes.
- XCDA 10003 – Designing Instructional Strategies **
- Apply the principles of instructional design to link learning outcomes and map them with activities using an outcome matrix. You will apply the principles of Dynamics of Group Development to the instructional design of learning activities for class, unit and module delivery.
- XCDA 10007 – Media Trends in Instructional Design ***
- Focus on the use of instructional technology and media trends used in the production of classroom, fully online and blended course delivery. You will compare current uses of technology with future trends and build on the foundations of the ADDIE model.
- XCDA 10008 – Curriculum Template Design ****
- Learn to apply the ADDIE model through the development of a course module. You will gain an overview of the foundations of technical writing and use concepts and components covered in previous courses to prepare a course module using a development template.
- XCDA 10009 – Curriculum Implementation and Evaluation *****
- Continue your explorations of the ADDIE model of instructional design by implementing and using peer and instructor evaluation to refine the course. You will learn to design training for instructors and learners, explore processes for collecting and analyzing feedback, revise instructional design and report pilot results.
* Pre-requisite: successful completion of XCDA 10001 – Principles of Instructional Design
** Pre-requisite: successful completion of XCDA 10002 – Designing Assessment Strategies
*** Pre-requisite: successful completion of XCDA 10003 – Designing Instructional Strategies
**** Pre-requisite: successful completion of XCDA 10007 – Media Trends in Instructional Design
***** Pre-requisite: successful completion of XCDA 10008 – Curriculum Template Design
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Delivery||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XCDA 10001||Not offered this term|
|XCDA 10002||Not offered this term|
|XCDA 10003||Not offered this term|
|XCDA 10007||Not offered this term|
|XCDA 10008||Not offered this term|
|XCDA 10009||Not offered this term|