About the Business Analysis Certificate
Our lean, focused program – taught by business analysts working in the industry – exposes you to a variety of best practices, proven tools and industry-recognized techniques that can be immediately applied in a range of business environments. Organizations seek qualified business analysts to enable change by defining business needs and recommending solutions that deliver real business value. This in-demand position also manages requirements and supports continuous improvement efforts Whether you are looking to formalize your work experience or enter the field, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge and skills to effectively understand business problems and opportunities, analyze needs and solutions, recommend strategies and facilitate stakeholder collaboration, in addition to learning to model, analyze, communicate and manage requirements and other business analysis information. Our courses follow the BABOK® Guide v3.
Multi-level, competency-based certification is awarded through the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Certification is increasingly recognized as the benchmark of excellence for the business analysis professional. For an overview of certification requirements and upcoming Calgary Chapter events, please visit the IIBA®website.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
Mount Royal University Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension is proud to be an Endorsed Educational Provider (EEP™) of the IIBA®. All of the courses in the Business Analysis Extension Certificate automatically qualify towards the Professional Development hours required for IIBA® certification or re-certification.
- XBUA 10015 – An Overview of Business Analysis
- Explore the role of today’s business analyst while gaining industry-recognized skills, techniques and methods. Discover how to analyze a business situation, set business goals, elicit information and requirements, choose appropriate modeling techniques, and evaluate the benefits and value realized by a solution.
- XBUA 10016 – Specify and Model Requirements
- Explore techniques and practices for identifying and understanding the stakeholder requirements that define the solution scope. Key stakeholders have varying perspectives about requirements; by using a combination of visual models, discover and consolidate those perspectives.
- XBUA 10004 – Business Process Modeling
- Business process models help businesses understand what they do, and identify ways to do things better. Explore the goals and activities of business process modeling using a variety of approaches and tools, including process maps, organization modeling, SIPOC tables, use diagrams and decision modeling. Model and analyze an existing business process and design a new and improved business process
- XBUA 10017 – Strategic Business Analysis
- Acquire techniques to help you discover, understand and communicate business needs. Identify effective ways to apply the capabilities of the organization to attain the desired business objectives. Apply a variety of techniques to understand and articulate the current capabilities of the organization including identify alternate ways of addressing the business need, conduct a feasibility assessment, assess risks to business value and communicate a change strategy. In addition, examine ways to evaluate the solution after implementation.
- XBUA 10019 – Facilitation Skills for Business Analysts
- This highly interactive course provides you with a variety of facilitation techniques to actively engage stakeholders, elicit requirements, and encourage collaboration and consensus. Plan and lead a short facilitated workshop and receive feedback from your peers to help improve your facilitation skills.
- XBUA 10018 – Plan and Manage Business Analysis Work
- The business analysis plan is part of the overall project management plan, and describes the scope of the business analysis work, stakeholder participation, business analysis activities and deliverables, risks and plans for dealing with those risks. Learn how to apply techniques to plan and manage business analysis work, including stakeholder analysis, information management, prioritization, governance and risk analysis.
- XBUA 10007 – Develop a Business Case
- Business cases are developed to justify a course of action based on the benefits to be realized by a proposed solution, compared to the cost, effort and other factors to acquire and live with that solution. Learn how to construct an effective business case that sets realistic expectations about the change initiative and the business value of the resulting solution. Apply various techniques to estimate the business value based on a cost-benefit analysis, ROI and other measures of solution value.
- XBUA 10020 – Business Analysis Perspectives
- Explore five areas of specialization in business analysis: information technology analysis, agile business analysis, business process management, business intelligence analysis and enterprise business analysis. Gain exposure to specialized techniques, methods and competencies, and the role of the business analyst in each.
Program Hours: 120
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XBUA 10015-002||90407||20 Sep 2021||17 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10016-002||90408||4 Oct 2021||31 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10004-002||90403||12 Oct 2021||7 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10017-002||90406||1 Nov 2021||28 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10019-002||90404||25 Oct 2021||21 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10018-002||90402||18 Oct 2021||14 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10007-002||90405||8 Nov 2021||5 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
|XBUA 10020-002||90409||15 Nov 2021||12 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$575.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org