Adult Educator seminars develop teaching and training skills that incorporate adult learning principles for facilitators of adult learning.
Expand your knowledge of adult learning principles and develop training skills in a meaningful way in this dynamic, interactive seminar series that supports your success as a facilitator of adult learning.
Gain valuable insights into the adult education sector and advance your professional development through engaging course material that delivers practical knowledge and skills. Explore principles of adult learning, including classroom presentation skills, assessing teaching and learning, and learning outcomes. Build effective strategies and techniques that you can use to support adult learners in the workplace, non-profit organizations and educational settings.
You can take the entire program or select courses for professional development to complement your skills as a volunteer, educator, trainer or coach.
This program provides two delivery options to suit your learning needs. Choose from either the classroom option where you will attend all of your courses on campus, or the online option so you have the flexibility to learn from anywhere.
- Online delivery
- Enhance your career prospects
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- Learn from experienced industry professionals
- Earn a recognized credential
- 3 required courses (36 hours)
- Can be completed in 1 year or up to 3 years
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XAED 10029 – Core Concepts of Adult Learning
- Identify the key principles of adult learning. You will learn how to write concise learning outcomes with measurable course expectations and competencies. This course includes principles of adult learning, designing learning outcomes, learning styles and designing a living course syllabus.
- XAED 10030 – Skills and Techniques for Adult Learning
- Acquire skills and techniques to make your classes more enjoyable and effective. You will learn to assess student performance both in class and online. Topics include effective teaching techniques, classroom presentation skills, assessing teaching and learning, and online facilitation.
- XAED 10031 – Refine and Enhance Instruction for Adult Learning
- Polish your presentations for enhanced learning in your classroom. You will learn to identify multiple strategies to address the needs of diverse learners. This course covers tools to enhance instruction and presentation, culturally responsive facilitation, conflict resolution in the classroom and generational differences in learning.
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Delivery||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XAED 10029||Not offered this semester|
|XAED 10030||Not offered this semester|
|XAED 10031||Not offered this semester|