Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning and grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the VP Academic, the Director of Institutional Research & Program Development is responsible for providing oversight and leadership to a broad range of institutional research functions to advance the strategic plan of the University. The successful candidate will have a strong ability for effective research design, data management and survey methodology.
- Ensure accurate information is uploaded for use by Deans and Department Chairs for annual and 5 year cyclical reviews;
- Work closely with IT to lead the development and support of a reliable platform and reporting template to provide information to various stakeholders within Concordia University of Edmonton;
- Oversee and provide practical support for investigating, analyzing, planning and reporting to meet external accountability requirements, including enrollment management, student outcomes and institutional accountability requirements;
- Provide collaborative leadership in the continuous quality improvement activities of the University including root cause analysis, corrective and preventative action planning regarding non-conformance quality requirements;
- Write CIP, annual reports and report to CAQC;
- Assist departments in program development planning by supporting the processes; and
- Manage the department budget and provide oversight for specific research area budgets.
- PhD in a related discipline with a minimum 10 years’ experience is required.
- Effective knowledge of and related experience with implementation and use of current data extraction and reporting tools and business intelligence application;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing by presenting information of a complex technical and sensitive nature;
- Highly motivated, independent, adaptive, flexible self-starter;
- Experience in areas of strategic planning, project management, business process improvement and continuous quality improvement;
- Ability to develop, plan and complete multiple concurrent projects both short term and long term; and
- Hands-on practical approach to working with students, data and tools is critical to the success of this role.
Closing Date: Application review will commence October 28, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer, so Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only these selected for an interview will be contacted.