Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a small university offering undergraduate and professional programs in arts, science, and management; post-degree programs in education and public health; master’s degrees; and graduate certificates and diplomas. Its 95-year history makes it one of the oldest post-secondary institutions in the province, with a rich tradition and excellent reputation. CUE enrolls 2,000 students annually at its campus near the city’s northeast river valley. Although it is legally an independent academic institution, CUE operates as a public university and is one of five such institutions in Alberta that receives provincial operating grants.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations, the Development Officer is responsible for the annual staff giving program, managing a portfolio of annual gift donors/prospects as well as data management and business analytics (Raiser’s Edge). The ideal candidate will be a key member of the Development team through the management and coordination of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities to maximize individual, corporate and foundation donor support.
- Accountable for the database management (Raiser’s Edge), business process solutions and audit analysis, data integrity ensuring accuracy and reporting.
- Drives the annual staff campaign and assists with the United Way annual campaign meeting targets and goals.
- Records and processes donations accurately and in a timely manner, which includes data entry in Raiser’s Edge database, receipting, custom letters and reporting.
- Prepares donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship packages, call reports and meeting notes as requested.
- Prepare donor materials such as proposals, grant applications, and impact reports.
- Provides meeting coordination: prepares logistics such as room location, catering, agenda distribution.
- Provides primary support to Director and manage the calendar which includes long-term planning/anticipation of events.
- Conduct research to determine suitable funding opportunities, background research.
- Exceptional writing skills and reporting.
- Keeps up-to-date with development and financial services offices on policies and procedures.
- Works in collaboration with the Alumni Relations Officer.
- Individuals with 3-5 years of progressive functional experience within Raiser’s Edge database along with comprehensive knowledge of fundraising principles, practices, reporting and techniques within the non-profit industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canada Customs and Revenue Agency guidelines as it pertains to fundraising, and well-developed skills in managing research and information management activities.
- Experience in prospect clearance, relationship management and stewardship is required.
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to construct complex queries and custom reports.
- Effectively write concise, structured articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Results focused with the ability to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities.
- High degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a collaborative team in a high volume, professional environment managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgement and discretion.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: Application review will commence September 15, 2016 or until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please forward your resume, cover letter, and three work-related references in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9214
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.