If you have been advised to self-isolate by Alberta Health Services (AHS), or if you share a household with someone who has been advised to self-isolate, you are expected to do likewise, unless advised otherwise by AHS.
- Students who are sick and students who have been advised by AHS to self-isolate should contact their instructor as per usual, and refer to the university’s attendance regulations for assistance with missed examinations and assignments.
- Medical notes are not required at this time.
- Employees who have been advised by AHS or a health care provider to self-isolate are required to contact their supervisor to notify them of the situation. Do not attend campus for any reason. This measure is being taken to protect the safety of all members of the community.
- Employees who are self-isolating and are not ill or displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, are expected to work should their position be able to be done remotely.
- Employees who are self-isolating and are ill or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, are to follow the advice of the health care provider and not return to work until advised they can do so.
- If a member of your household is required to self-isolate, please advise your supervisor. All members of the university community (students, employees, visitors) who share a household with an individual who is self-isolating due to a reasonable risk of exposure to COVID-19 are expected to do likewise unless advised otherwise by AHS. Do not attend campus for any reason.
Please refer to Employee Absences and Pay Information for more details.