How we are responding
As Alberta Post-Secondary Institutions, we have an important role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19. We will take a responsible and proactive approach that balances the our goal of supporting our students in achieving their learning objectives with the safety and health of our learners and institutional team members. While the decisions made by each institution will be unique to the institution needs and context, we are collectively utilizing alternative delivery models and solutions as well as staffing models to ensure that our doors remain open.
We recognize that the decisions we make today will need to be sustainable into the months ahead. Because the situation regarding COVID-19 is dynamic, we will continue to follow the advice of public health agencies as it is updated.
Council of Post-Secondary Presidents of Alberta
General COVID-19 information
How does COVID-19 spread?
COVID-19 is believed to be spread mainly by coughing, sneezing or direct contact with someone who is sick with COVID-19 or with surfaces they have recently touched (Source: AHS website).
How can I help prevent the spread?
- Remain calm. Be prepared but not anxious.
- Practice physical distancing by keeping at least 2 metres/6 feet (the length of a bicycle) from others.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and take at least 20 seconds doing so (sing a song as you wash, such as Happy Birthday twice).
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands, touching public surfaces, etc.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Dispose of used tissues in the garbage immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
What do I do if I am not feeling well?
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, extreme tiredness), it is recommended that you self-isolate and call Health Link at 811.
If you are not seriously ill, do not go to a doctor’s office, health care facility or a lab, without consulting Health Link 811 first.
If you are seriously ill and require immediate attention, call 911, and inform them you may have COVID-19. (Source: AHS website)
Students should inform Student Life and Learning at CUE by calling 780-479-9241, or by email email@example.com.
Employees should inform their supervisor.