Test Center Invigilator
Category: CUE Students Only
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good. CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and excellence in teaching. These features, and our diverse student population, provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management.
This is a great part-time position for CUE students (preferred) as the testing location is on campus and the hours work well with students’ schedules.
- Invigilate exams for the CUE’s Test Center
- Ensure the smooth progress of the exam sessions by assisting with any issues which might emerge (technical or other)
- Contribute to creating a strong team
- Respect the privacy regulations for exam taking
- Full-time or part-time students with active enrolment status at a Canadian University; CUE students will be preferred.
- Punctual, reliable, and responsible
- Consistently available to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Welcoming, supportive, calm, and positive disposition
- Willing to follow specific, structured protocols and procedures
- Able to support people with various cultural backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to academic honesty and to keeping information confidential
- Very good software troubleshooting skills
- Satisfactory criminal record check
Hours vary depending on the exams schedule; however, the majority of the hours are scheduled on weekends
Closing Date: The application review will commence on September 27, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Anthonette Nwaolisa, Coordinator, Test Centre, Office of Extension and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.