Student Services Assistant (STEP Program)
Category: Summer Temporary Employment Program "STEP"
Closing Date: May 6, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the Director, Student Life and Learning, the Student Services Assistant will provide support for the Student Life and Learning team at Concordia University of Edmonton. In particular, the Student Services Assistant will collaborate with our Career Services and Residence Life departments to provide administrative and program-planning support.
A day in the life of the successful candidate will include:
- Researching strategies for student engagement within our Residence and Career Services departments
- Coordination with the Residence Life Coordinator to develop programming for incoming residents
- Administrative support, including management of Career Services employer database
- Collaboration with our Career Services Manager to build employer relationships
- Work with the Student Life team to provide administrative support as needed
- Participation in meetings as required
- Other duties consistent with the mandate of the Student Life and Learning Department
Requirements of this role are:
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Demonstrated effectiveness in professionalism, working within a team, autonomy, flexibility, and initiative are also necessary
- Currently a post-secondary student and returning to post-secondary in the Fall
Rate and Timetable: $15 per hour, 37.5 hours per week for 13 weeks starting June 3, 2019.
Standard Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Application Closing Date: May 6, 2019 or until filled.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to:
Keely Cronin, Director of Student Life and Learning
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.