Student Recruitment Advisor
Closing Date: August 19, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to be more than students and professors, to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people.
Do you enjoy working with people and have a great customer service attitude? Do you thrive on presenting in front of groups? If so, Concordia University of Edmonton is looking for a Student Recruitment Advisor to join their team.
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, Recruitment, this full-time, permanent position will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team in advising prospective students about their options when considering Concordia’s academic programs, admissions requirements, and general financial aid and awards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver recruitment presentations to high school students to generate inquiries and student applications.
- Available to answer various questions from potential students or guide applicants to the next stage of admissions.
- Attend events outside of regular hours and travel to various schools within and outside of Alberta.
- Coordinate on-campus recruitment events, campus tours, information sessions, and visits.
- Plan travel itineraries, accommodations, and recruitment materials for trips throughout the province.
- Assist in the development of the University’s student recruitment program.
- Liaise with departments, faculty and staff regarding participation in student recruitment activities and obtaining program specific information to be used in program promotion.
- Assist in the creation of customized promotional material packages for events and recruitment activities.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum of two years’ work experience in the customer service industry.
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License with the ability to work flexible hours and travel as required.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with Google.docs are required, with an aptitude to learn other software as required.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on August 19, 2019. Concordia is an equal opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
All applications, which should include three work-related references and salary expectations, should be forwarded in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9214
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.