Student Life Counsellor (12-month contract)
Concordia University of Edmonton is currently seeking a Psychologist for a 1.0 FTE position of Student Life Counsellor (12-month contract). The Student Life Counsellor will work collaboratively with students, staff and faculty to promote student success through the provision of short-term personal and crisis counselling services. The chosen individual for this position must possess strong counselling, communication, presentation and organizational skills, and a keen interest in working within a team environment.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Student Life and Learning this position will work closely with all levels of Concordia in an effort to support our students. The successful candidate is responsible for the following tasks:
- Counselling services to students who are seeking solutions to personal concerns;
- Recruitment, training and supervision of the Peer Support Team
- Facilitation of group workshops (Flip the Script, Upstander Training, Mental Health 101, Exam Anxiety, etc.);
- Liaison with faculty and staff as needed;
- Lead mental health initiatives for students and staff/faculty;
- Track and report on counselling statistics as required;
- Participation in meetings as required.
Preferred candidates will have:
- A graduate degree in Counselling Psychology, and is registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. Provisionally Registered Psychologists will also be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience working within a post-secondary institution in a counselling role with adult learners is desirable.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in professionalism, working within a team, exceptional communication skills, autonomy, flexibility, and initiative are also necessary.
- Experience with counselling diverse populations is an asset.
Closing Date: Application review will continue until the position is filled.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.