Student Library Assistant
Closing Date: April 12, 2019
At the CUE Library we are committed to providing excellent service to our community. If you love helping people and strive for service excellence, the CUE Library has an opportunity for you.
Three part-time jobs are available:
- Open or close the library facility
- Circulate, renew and place holds or recalls on library items, create user accounts and issue library cards
- Explain library policies to borrowers, provide directional information.
- Answer basic reference questions; refer complex questions to Information Services staff
- Refer fines and lost book charge appeals to Borrower Services Coordinator
- Register after-hours users
- Shelve library materials
- File, maintain supplies, tidy up library public use areas
- Provide project support assistance as needed
- Current CUE student
- Strong service orientation and prior customer service experience
- Must be able to work alone and as a member of a team, unsupervised
- Must have a good attention to detail and physical capacity to push full book trucks and lift materials up to 15 lbs.
Schedule: Evening and Weekends 12-18 hours per week
Wage: $15.00 per hour.
Application Deadline: April 12th 2019
Term of Employment: September 4th, 2019 – April 24th, 2020.
Please submit your resume with the names and phone numbers of two work-related references to:
Borrower Services Coordinator
Phone: (780) 479-365
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.