Student Help: International Office Assistant
Category: CUE Students Only
Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the Manager, International Relations, the International Office Assistant will provide support for the International Office at Concordia University of Edmonton. In particular, the International Office Assistant will provide administrative support for the Study Abroad program and in the planning of international student events.
A day in the life of the successful candidate will include:
- Researching strategies for student engagement in order to increase the number of students participating in the Study Abroad program.
- Presenting about the services of the International Office at information sessions, Open House and other events.
- Administrative support, including with the management of Study Abroad applications and initial communication to Study Abroad applicants.
- Social media management and marketing of international student events and Study Abroad programming to the CUE student body.
- Coordination with the International Student Advisor to develop programming for international and exchange students.
- Working with the International Office to provide administrative support as needed and participation/note-taking in meetings as required.
- Other duties consistent with the mandate of the International Office.
Requirements of this role are:
- Study Abroad or international travel experience
- Experience with social media marketing and knowledge of design applications (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or similar)
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Demonstrated effectiveness in professionalism, working within a team, autonomy, flexibility, and initiative are also necessary
- Currently a post-secondary student and returning to post-secondary in the Fall
Rate and Timetable: $15 per hour for approximately 12 hours/week. Hours may vary week to week.
Standard Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Application Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Desired Start Date: April 15, 2020
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to:
Amanda Thorson, Manager International Relations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.