Student-Help Custodian Position
Closing Date: November 28, 2018
Please note that this position is intended for Concordia University of Edmonton’s students only.
Custodial Services provides a comprehensive cleaning and housekeeping service to maintain an excellent standard of hygiene and appearance for the Concordia campus. Reporting to the Director, Custodial and Security Services this position will provide part-time coverage for various areas through the academic year with the possibility for full-time hours during holiday periods.
This position commences as soon as possible with some flexibility in the hours of work.
- The ideal candidates will possess good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with faculty, staff and students;
- Be hardworking;
- Have a basic knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and a commitment to getting the job done properly;
- Must be able to work alone and as a member of a team, unsupervised;
- Be capable of learning to use cleaning machines;
- Have the strength to lift 10 kilogram garbage bags;
- Have a flexible work schedule.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Clean and stock bathrooms;
- Garbage removal;
- Deep cleaning of different areas on campus; carpet, window cleaning, graffiti removal, etc;
- Tidy classrooms, clean lockers, desks and windows;
Flexibility of working hours possible.
Remuneration $15.00 per hour.
Closing date: November 28, 2018.
Please submit your resume with the names and phone numbers of two work-related references to:
Director, Custodial and Security Services
Phone: (780) 479-9311
P106B, adjacent to the Security/Receiving Office