Shift Operations Assistant
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Shift Operations Assistant is an integral member of the team providing day-to-day general labourer, special events, and maintenance services and supports.
The Shift Operations Assistant is a hands-on go-to person who gets stuff done! As part of the team that serves and supports CUE’s campus, the Shift Operations Assistant provides excellent customer service and collaborates with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Concordia University of Edmonton community.
To ensure excellent customer service to the CUE community, this position will require flexibility to work alternate shifts, such as a Tuesday – Saturday work week.
This is a permanent on-going position, and is eligible to participate in CUE’s comprehensive benefit and pension plans.
Primary responsibilities are providing general, non-technical support services for on campus events, and assists technical team members as required. The Shift Operations Assistant position is an on campus position and is expected to follow all health and safety protocols and procedures. This includes wearing appropriate face covering while on campus for the duration of each shift.
- Provides snow removal and maintenance services by shoveling snow, operating a snow blower and ensuring sidewalks, parking lots and grounds are as safe as can be
- Relocates furniture and equipment on campus, which may require disassemble and reassemble
- Performs event set-up and take-down within predetermined timelines
- Assists team members with deliveries to campus as required
- Assists Technical team members with building and plant operations maintenance as required
- Performs work in accordance with established processes and practices
- Participates in and assist with facility-related projects
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection standards
- Complies with all Occupational Health and Safety legislations, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures, and practices
- Minimum one year related experience in general maintenance or labourer in a residential-commercial, retail or corporate setting, including experience using hand tools
- Knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS), First Aid and CPR training
- Strong client-service orientation with ability to meet deadlines and timelines
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Team oriented with the ability to be flexible in support of the timelines and deliverables of team members
- Ability to lift an average of 25 kilograms, with the ability to occasionally lift greater than 25 kilograms
- Ability to be on feet all day and able to walk several kilometers daily, climb ladders, work in extreme weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Successful candidate must be able to provide satisfactory a Criminal Records Check
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.