Sessional Instructors – Psychology
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
The Faculty of Arts and the Department of Psychology at Concordia University of Edmonton invite applications for Sessional Instructors for courses in Psychology.
- For the Fall semester, 2019, we require an instructor for PSY 324 – Adult Development and Human Aging
- Preparing and delivering weekly instructional lectures, assignments, and examinations relevant to the course taught.
- Grading assignments and exams.
- Providing constructive feedback to students.
- Maintaining regular office hours.
- A PhD or PsyD in Psychology
- Teaching effectiveness as demonstrated through student evaluations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience using a learning management system, such as Moodle.
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member in an interdisciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a security clearance.
Interested individuals may contact the Psychology Dept. Chair, Dr. Wendy Pullin, for further information at email@example.com or at (780) 479-9344.
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Application packages must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter describing teaching philosophy
- Recent teaching evaluations, if available
- Names of two professional and/or post-secondary referees.
Please forward all documents in electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.