Sessional Instructors, Information Technology and Computing Sciences
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
The Faculty of Science invites applications for one or more sessional instructor positions beginning in the Fall 2020 academic term. There is a possibility for yearly contract if teaching assignment is 15 contact hours per semester. The contract sessional is eligible to participate in Concordia’s group benefit program for temporary positions, providing extended medical and dental coverage.
- Teach at the undergraduate level using multi-model learning strategies; and
- Administrative work in the program as assigned by the department Chair.
- Master’s degree in closely related discipline is required, PhD is preferred;
- Must demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching;
- Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada; and
- Successful candidates must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
Interested individuals may contact Rossitza Marinova, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packages must include:
- Cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy; and
- Contact information of three individual references.
Closing Date: Application review will commence July 20, 2020 and will continue until the positions are filled.
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.