Sessional Instructor – Sociology
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
The Faculty of Arts and the Department of Social Sciences at Concordia University of Edmonton invites applications for a dynamic professional to join the team as a Sessional Instructor in the area of sociology for Spring Term 2 (May 27-June 13, 2019).
- Preparing weekly instructional sessions and testing material relevant to the course taught.
- Instructing, teaching, and proctoring exams.
- Marking and grading of exams and assignments, etc.
- Providing constructive feedback to students.
- Maintaining regular office hours.
- Bringing both informed professional practice and academic scholarship to the program.
- An M.A or PhD in Sociology (required).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, evidenced through student evaluations at the bachelor level (required).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English (required).
- Experience using a learning management system, such as Moodle (an asset).
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students (required).
- Successfully passing a security clearance check (required).
Interested individuals may contact the Sociology program coordinator, Dr. John Jayachandran for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (780) 479-9343.
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Application packages must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter describing teaching philosophy
- Recent teaching evaluations, if available
- Two professional and/or post-secondary references.
Please forward all documents in electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.