Sessional Instructor – Music
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
The Faculty of Arts and the Department of Fine Arts at Concordia University of Edmonton invite applications for Sessional Instructor to teach the following courses during the 2020 – 2021 school year:
- MUP 116 Class Voice (course intended for novice singers)
- Applied Music Studio Course (individual studio voice lessons)
Applied music numbers dependent on enrollment.
- Preparing and delivering weekly instructional lessons and lectures, assignments, and examinations relevant to the courses taught.
- Grading assignments and exams.
- Attending voice juries and recitals
- Attending the weekly music seminar class
- Providing constructive feedback to students
- Maintaining regular office hours.
- An MMus in Voice Performance.
- Current professional solo and or choral experience.
- Previous university teaching experience is an asset.
- Teaching effectiveness as demonstrated through student evaluations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member in an interdisciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application packages must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter describing teaching philosophy
- Recent teaching evaluations, if available
- Names of two professional and/or post-secondary referees.
Please forward all documents in electronic format to:
Dr. John Brough, Manager of the School of Music
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.