Research Assistant – Concordia University of Edmonton
Category: CUE Students Only, Hourly
CUE Students Only
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
This position will be reporting to Dr. Elizabeth Coker-Farrell. The position has a flexible duration for about a year without fixed weekly/monthly hours; instead, inputted hours will be based on availability of tasks to be carried out.
This position primarily requires data to be collected from Canada and Nigeria.
- Assisting faculty with research projects and/or course development materials or activities.
- Collection and coding of data on SPSS.
- Creating departmental student guides regarding procedures, resources, opportunities, and initiatives.
- Performing additional tasks as required.
- Must be a current/enrolled student at CUE.
- Previous research assistant experience is an asset.
- Proficient with SPSS and Microsoft Office software.
- Well-developed ability to search for information across a variety of sources and discriminate accuracy and quality of sources.
- Ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities in order to handle several projects simultaneously, with sufficient attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research, compile data, and prepare documentation for consideration and presentation by others.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work remotely, on-campus if need be, and independently.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Closing Date: Application review will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to Dr. Elizabeth Coker-Farrell – Assistant Professor of Management at Elizabeth.email@example.com
Our priority remains the health and wellbeing of our campus community, as well as the larger Edmonton community. As such, we expect our current model of virtual learning, with limited exceptions for classes and programs that require in-person interaction and extensive experiential learning, will continue for the duration of the winter semester.
The Research Assistant will generally work remotely. If required to be on-campus, the Research Assistant must follow all CUE health and safety protocols and procedures. This includes wearing an appropriate face covering in common areas while on campus, for the duration of each shift.
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.