Registration Advisor (18 Month)
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to be more than students and professors, to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Registration Advisor – Student Systems and Reporting will work closely with a team of Registration Advisors to provide detailed reporting for various processes within the registration office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain reporting processes, in order to extract, manipulate and deliver information, and processes as requested by internal and external University stake-holders.
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, verifying and distributing statistics for internal and external requirements, and maintaining an archive of all statistics.
- Assist in the maintenance and archiving of academic records for students in all programs including: program, course, interruptions of study, transfer credit, withdrawals, processing of grades, and related data within our Student Information System (SIS).
- Prepare and verify files including identifying missing documentation and follow-up, accordingly.
- Assist with the completion of program progress reports and degree audits.
- Assist with the maintenance of degree audit rules within our Student Information System (SIS)
- Assist in the maintenance of the Calendar, program planners and website for the department.
- Respond to internal and external stake-holder requests in a sensitive and timely fashion; use problem-solving techniques to resolve sensitive issues.
- The position interacts with the University’s faculty and students.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
- An undergraduate degree
- Well established abilities to perform duties to meet corresponding deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task given frequent disturbances with incoming work and capable of working under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mathematical/statistical calculations for reporting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience with Google.docs, is required with an aptitude to learn other software as required.
- Experience using an integrated student information system database system, an asset.
- Comfortable with learning and becoming proficient with new systems and processes.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies related to student records and admissions, an asset.
- Candidates will be required to complete an employment and criminal records check to the satisfaction of Concordia University of Edmonton.
Closing Date: Application review will commence September 6, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
All applications, which should include three work-related references and salary expectations, should be forwarded in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.