Project Coordinator, Academic Administration Office
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to be more than students and professors, to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is currently seeking a Project Coordinator in the Academic Administration Office. The successful candidate will have a strong client focus along with editorial, research and management skills; will support collaboration; and will be able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders within the CUE community.
- Undertake foundational/preparatory work related to the tasks required for the offices of Assistant Vice-President Academic/Dean of Graduate Studies (AVPA) and Director of Institutional Research and Program Development (DIR);
- Conduct the research necessary for the numerous documents, reports, proposals (including new academic program proposals) and grant applications that the AVPA and DIR are expected to prepare;
- Prepare first and second drafts of documents, proposals, reports, and applications noted above;
- Prepare final drafts of documents, proposals, reports, and applications after AVPA and DIR have completed their final review and approval;
- Organize consultative meetings with the various stakeholders that are involved in the various initiatives undertaken by AVPA and DIR;
- Assist with the management of administrative unit reviews and academic program cyclical reviews;
- Prepare and circulate minutes of key stakeholder meetings related to the tasks outlined above;
- Provide AVPA and DIR with periodic reports/timelines on the progress of various tasks and initiatives;
- Assist the office of the Vice-President Academic & Provost with other projects as needed; and
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Post-secondary education (min. Bachelor’s degree);
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (specifically, Word & Excel) with an aptitude to learn other software;
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form with a strong attention to detail, grammar, and spelling;
- Experience in working with competing deadlines and with a large degree of independence;
- Effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and sound judgement;
- Ability to be flexible to support the timelines and deliverables of team members;
- Familiarity with an academic environment would be an asset; and
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
Closing Date: Application review will commence April 23, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range: $52,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.