Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. In and out of our classrooms and lecture halls, we translate what we learn into extraordinary hands-on experiences. We can sit in the back. But at CUE, someone will always invite us to the front. For almost one hundred years, our students have come together through a shared belief, despite their varied interests and fascinations, their majors and minors creating a unique culture, where we could learn and create with anyone. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate and timely processing of a semi-monthly hourly and salaried (250+ employees) payroll and benefits administration.
- Streamlining new payroll processes to fully utilize our new HRIS software – Avanti.
- Prepare documentation and final pays for terminated employees, including ROEs using ROE Web and responding to Service Canada inquiries.
- Payroll and benefit reconciliation to ensure the integrity of employee data.
- Year-end reconciliation and payroll preparation of T4s, and WCB reporting.
- Accounting tasks as it relates to payroll.
- Administrative tasks which support payroll and the HR team as a whole.
- Post-secondary education, with a PCP designation.
- 3-5 years of experience in Payroll Administration in Alberta.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple project deadlines.
- Demonstrated competency in working with varied payroll/HR systems.
- Experience with Avanti would be considered an asset.
- Experience administering employee benefits program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards and payroll legislation regulations and policies as applicable to salary and benefits administration.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Strong communication and written skills, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Able to maintain confidential information and manage information within privacy regulations.
Closing Date: Application review will commence March 8, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references.
Finance and Operations
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.