Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good. CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and excellence in teaching. These features, and our diverse student population, provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners at the IELTS Test Centre at Concordia University of Edmonton
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognized equivalent as part of a recognized university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over)
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
- Satisfactory criminal record check
For more information on the Minimum Professional Requirements and an application form, please contact Anthonette Nwaolisa, Coordinator, Test Centre, Office of Extension and Culture, at email@example.com
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.